Moving on…

The next day my Aunt and Uncle picked me up and over lunch we joked about how we had emotional hangovers from the night before. It had been such a whirlwind of catching up and reminiscing … I couldn’t believe that it was time for me to move locations already.

As we were walking to the tube station -  I kept saying “it looks so British here…ha ha” and my Uncle would want me to explain how it looked “British“.

I mean LOOK at this … does this not just look so British? The bikes, the sidewalk, the buses, the buildings? πŸ™‚

My Aunt and Uncle escorted me on the train (with my suitcases) to my Aunt Debbies house in Kengsington (oooh posh) where we met up with my Uncle Ian (who they had never met). He very kindly had my A&U in for tea (how British) πŸ™‚ and we sat around the dining room table getting to know each other a little better.

Aunt Debbie & Ian’s house is incredible. Posh. Posh. Posh. Here’s a snap of their neighbours backyard/rooftop deck to give you an idea of how posh.

Jean and Geoff left to go back home – Ian went out to run errands – and I decided to go do some exploring and head towards VX and FINALLY meet Rudee in person. Did you know that Rudee and I have known each other for y.e.a.r.s and have never met?

We worked on VAGG and both of the GoVegan Calendars and it was all done via e-mail. I was excited to meet him in the flesh.

Luckily the train to VX was easy… no changing trains (which always gets me confused).

I got a little turned around when I got outside of the station and couldn’t find the street that VX was on so I flagged down a “punk” looking girl and asked her if she knew where VX was. She did – and she was walking right past it – so she offered to walk with me (how sweet). I arrived at VX and gave Rudee a big hug! Finally we were in the same room.

We packed up the shop. Headed down the street and went to Tibits for dinner with a group of Rudee’s friends which included the owner of Accidentally Vegan. He’s adorable… and his desserts are amazing.

We had a grand time and I filled my boots with  yummy vegan food. Once my belly was full I could feel myself starting to fade so I headed back to my Aunts house and crawled into bed… ahhhh… there is nothing nicer then staying in a real home in a real bed.  πŸ™‚

I ended my evening with a long FaceTime talk with Fergus. He was doing fine but he was a little worried that Gerry was starting to miss me.  πŸ™‚

Gotta get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is my ONE free day to wander around alone … what to do. What to do?  πŸ™‚

This entry was posted in Go Vegan!. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Moving on…

  1. Holly says:

    Cool pics! I’m totally with you about sleeping in a real bed in a real house. I hate hotels! Whenever I travel I try to go to places where I know someone so that I can stay with them. So it wasn’t awkward meeting Rudee? I often worry that I won’t get along with my internet friends nearly as well in person as I do online πŸ™‚

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *